Elko County Sheriff's Administrative Office

775 W. Silver St. Elko, NV 89801
(775) 738-3421
(775) 753-9845 Fax

Office Hours:
Monday- Friday 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.  (excluding legal holidays)
Sheriff's Office Fee Schedule

Record Requests

Persons wishing to request a report from the Sheriff’s Office must complete the Records Request Form. This form can be submitted at the Elko County Sheriffs Office in person or through the mail. You will be contacted by the Records Department within five days of this request being recieved by the Sheriff's Office. Certain documents may be subject to approval before being released.  At that time you will be notified wether this report is available and the fee for the report. The report will be dissiminated upon receipt of fees. The number for Sheriff’s office records department is: 775-777-2516.

Records Request Form

Civil Service

The Elko County Sheriff's Office serves civil paperwork for Elko County to include service in Wells, Jackpot, Carlin and Wendover. A completed Civil Service Sheet is required to accompany appropriate paperwork needing served. Please see the Civil Fee Schedule for the appropriate fee to submit with the paperwork. If you have any questions or need assistance with calculating fees please contact the Civil Division at 775-777-2548.

Civil Service Sheet

Civil Fee Schedule

Concealed Firearms Permit                                Call 775-738-3421 to schedule an appointment

The Elko County Sheriff's Office issues CCWs for all of Elko County. Any person who meets the following criteria may apply for a concealed carry permit with the Elko County Sheriff's Office:

  • If you are a Nevada resident, you must be a resident of Elko County;
  • An out-of-state resident who received firearms training in Elko County;
  • 21 years of age or older;
  • Must be able to lawfully possess a firearm;
  • Successfully completes a firearms course in Nevada (paid for by applicant).  Click here  for a list of approved firearms courses available in Elko County;
  • Pays the appropriate fees.

Persons born outside the U.S. or U.S. territory must show one of the following: Photocopies will not be accepted

  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Valid U.S. Passport
  • U.S. Birth Certificate
  • Resident Alien card

This includes U.S. citizens born abroad.

Click here  for a list of disqualifiers.

If you have any questions about Concealed Firearms Permits contact the CCW Division at 775-777-2514.

CCW Application

CCW Change of Information

LEOSA Retiree Form