Welcome to the Elko County Sheriff’s Office Citizen Online Police Reporting  

If this is an Emergency, please call 911.

Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately. 

Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:

  • · This is NOT an Emergency?
  • · This incident occurred in Elko County outside the incorporated areas of Elko City, Carlin City, West Wendover City?
  • · There are no known suspects?
  • · This did not occur on a State Freeway?

If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.

Upon completion of this report process you will:

  • ​· See the words "Your online report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete
  • · Be given a police report case number

Please Note:

  • · All cases filled using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed
  • · Upon review, if further investigation on your case is needed, you may be contacted
  • · Making a false or misleading report is a crime. Civil as well as criminal action may be taken against a party who deliberately makes a false or misleading report (NRS 207.280, 199.210, 41.508)

Using the Elko County Sheriff’s Office Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:

Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Thefts and Vehicle Accidents-Private Property Only.

If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Elko Central Dispatch (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 775-777-7300) to file your report.